New to GoMedia in 2010: the Best Travel Blog Award. It was a tough choice for judge Sree Sreenivasan, dean of Student Affairs and digital media professor at New York City’sColumbia University Graduate School of Journalism. However, i Backpack Canada’s depth of Canada travel stories, tips and info tipped the scales in its favour. Here’s how Sreenivasan assessed the site: “i Backpack Canada has all the features of a good travel blog: smart writing, strong photos, useful advice and glimpses into unusual, enticing and, occasionally, scary places. But Corbin does it all with a sense of humour and personality rarely seen on other sites, making it a blog worth reading—and emulating.” Sreenivasan couldn’t be there in person for the presentation, so Justin Young, managing director of Radar DDB, handed over the prize.
Corbin Fraser, editor of iBackpackCanada.com, was recently interviewed by CBC Radio (Canada’s national public radio and television broadcaster) for his recent success in travel writing. He has also been interviewed by the Leader-Post Newspaper, Regina Saskatachewans most widely read newspaper.
I Backpack Canada is a featured blogger for internationally acclaimed online and print travel guides, Lonely Planet. You can view my selected blog posts in the Lonely Planets Canada Section. Lonely Planet’s website receives 4 million unique visitors per month.
- Homepage has a Google PageRank of 4
- Alexa Global Traffic Rank: 1,371,599
- Alexa Traffic Rank in Canada: 65,303
- Alexa Traffic Rank in USA: 1,259,138
- 35.9% of readers are from Canada
- 29.1% of readers are from USA
- 35% of readers are spread out amongst UK, Spain, Australia, Netherlands, Germany, and China
Advertising Options & Prices
250×250 ad in right hand sidebar, located on all pages (1 space available)
- Cost: $100 per month
- Specifications: You must supply the 250 x 250 banner, or embed code should you be advertising with video. JPEG and non-animated GIF files are accepted.
468×60 Header Banner – located on above the fold on all posts (1 space left available)
- Cost: $150 per month
- Specifications: You must supply the 160 x 600 banner. JPEG and non-animated GIF files are accepted.
Text Link Sponsorship:
Text link under the “Helpful Friends” heading in the middle-side-bar below fold on homepage, and in the sidebar of all other pages.
- Cost: $45 per month for front page ad (PR5), $30 per month for all other posts.
- Specifications: Your link will be placed under the “Helpful Friends” area in the middle-right sidebar. You provide the anchor text and link URL. All links must be relevant to travel, tourism, or Canada.
Sponsored Reviews & Product Reviews:
- Specifications: If you would like your product, website, or service reviewed in a blog post you may purchase a sponsored review. I will test it, and write an honest review based on my experience. Find out more about Product Reviews
- Reviews include two (2) links back to your website, and if appropriate, two (2) images of your product. Reviews are approximately 400 to 600 words in length. They are posted live to the front page of this blog for at least 8 days, and will exist permanently in the archives.
Ethics: I will always disclose sponsored reviews and freebies to our readers.
For more information, please contact me at corbin(at)ibackpackcanada(dot)com